Find out what’s happening at committee meetings and learn how you can participate.
The Special Events Advisory Committee makes recommendations to Regional Council regarding applications for funding for large-scale special events within the municipality that support and generate economic and tourism development, pursuant to the Marketing Levy Special Events Reserve Administrative Order 2014-020-GOV [PDF]. The Administrative Order also includes the committee’s Terms of Reference [PDF].
For future meetings, check the calendar below, and the agenda (once available) to confirm the exact date and time for each meeting.
Learn more about the Special Events Advisory Committee by reading their 2018 Summary here.
Special Events Advisory Committee Meetings
Membership of the Special Events Advisory Committee
- Councillor Tony Mancini - Chair - District 6 - Harbourview-Burnside-Dartmouth East
- Councillor Kathryn Morse - Vice Chair - District 10 - Bedford Basin West
- Councillor Pam Lovelace - District 13 - Hammonds Plains-St. Margarets
- Tim Rissesco, Business Improvement Districts
- Ross Jefferson, Discover Halifax
- Roberta Dexter Robidoux, Business and Tourism Representative
- Alison Gillan, Halifax Partnership
- Mark Schaay, Hotel Association NS
- Natasha Chestnut - Restaurant Association NS
Staff contact for the Special Events Advisory Committee