Find out what’s happening at committee meetings and learn how you can participate.
This is a link to all Grant and Contribution Programs offered by HRM. Note: not all Grant and Contribution Programs report to the Grants Committee.
The Grants Committee reviews, evaluates, and makes recommendations to Regional Council regarding:
- annual cash grants
- property tax exemptions
- less than market value property leases to registered non-profit organizations and charities
More detail about the committee’s role can be found in the Terms of Reference [PDF].
The Grants Committee normally meets on the second Monday of each month, at 10:00 a.m. The Committee traditionally does not meet in August. If a meeting is required, a special meeting will be called. Meeting dates and times are subject to change. Check the calendar below, and the agenda (once available) to confirm the exact date and time for each meeting.
Presentations to Committee
If your organization would like to make a presentation to the Grants Committee, the request should be made in the form of a letter. The committee may accept or decline a request.
Presenters are granted a total of 20 minutes to present; ten minutes for your presentation, and ten for questions and answers by the committee members.
Grants Committee Meetings
- Councillor Cathy Deagle Gammon - District 1 - Waverley - Fall River - Musquodoboit Valley, Chair
- Councillor Becky Kent - District 3 - Dartmouth South - Eastern Passage
- Councillor Lindell Smith - District 8 - Halifax Peninsula North
- Councillor Lisa Blackburn, District 14 - Middle/Upper Sackville - Beaver Bank - Lucasville
- Alex Handyside
- Leona Milne
- Joseph Allen, Vice Chair
- Stefan Ludin
- Ayo Aladejebi
- Pamela Crowell
Staff contact for the Grants Committee