Vehicles may be subject to towing for any violation at the discretion of the officer.

What to do if your car has been towed

Search our online portal to find your vehicle. If your vehicle is listed, please contact the tow company stated in the “Towing Company/Compound” section. To get your vehicle back, you'll need a valid driver’s license, keys to the vehicle, and money to pay the tow company. If your vehicle is towed, you retrieve it at your own expense.

If your vehicle is not listed in the portal, please call the Halifax Regional Police non-emergency line: 902-490-5020. If you have questions concerning a tow, please call 311 or e-mail

Towing Companies

Academy Towing: 902-463-7300
Monday to Sunday 8 a.m.-8 p.m.

A-1 Towing: 902-865-4575 or 902-835-4575
Monday to Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m.- 12 p.m.

Towing from Private Property

If you are a private property owner or manager, you are responsible for the costs associated with towing a vehicle from your property. 

If you are a tenant with concerns about parking on private property, please call your property owner/manager. The property owner/manager (or another authorized agent of the property) can call 311 to have the vehicle ticketed.