Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
Minutes: September 11, 2023 Grants Committee Draft Minutes (PDF)
Updated on September 8, 2023 at 11:25 a.m.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – July 10, 2023 and July 24, 2023
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES - NONE
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
7.3.1 Lakeshore Curling Club – Laughlin Rutt
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1.1 Volunteer Search and Rescue Grants Program – Fiscal Year 2023-24
THAT the Grants Committee recommend that Regional Council amend the motion on the floor from the August 22, 2023, Regional Council meeting to:
1. Approve an additional $25,212.55 in Operating Grants for the three (3) Volunteer Ground Search and Rescue Teams listed in Table 1 of the Discussion section of the staff report dated August 23, 2023,
2. Approve a one-time operating grant to the Sheet Harbour and Area Ground Search and Rescue equivalent to an operating grant under Administrative Order 2014-018-ADM in the amount of $33,352.23,
3. Direct the Chief Administrative Officer to prepare a recommendation report with respect to the feasibility of repealing Administrative Order 2014-018-ADM Grants to Volunteer Search and Rescue/EMO Organizations and replacing the current policy with a Municipal Service Agreement model for each of those Ground Search and Rescue Teams recognized by Halifax Regional Municipality,
4. Direct the Chief Administrative Officer to prepare a recommendation report with respect to the implementation of a Municipal Registry for Emergency Service Providers pursuant to Section 306 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, and
5. Direct the Chief Administrative Officer to include an increase in funding to volunteer emergency service providers for consideration in the fiscal 2024/25 budget process.
9.1.2 LTMV Lease – Graham’s Grove Building
THAT the Grants Committee:
1. Recommend that Halifax Regional Council approve entering into a less than market value lease agreement with the Kiwanis Club of Dartmouth Charitable Foundation for a portion of the premises located at 45 Graham’s Grove with key terms set out in Table 1 of the staff report dated June 28, 2023, and that Council authorize the Mayor and Municipal Clerk to execute the less than market value lease agreement.
2. Recommend that Halifax Regional Council approve entering into a less than market value lease agreement with the Dartmouth Dragon Boat Association for a portion of the premises located at 45 Graham’s Grove with key terms set out in Table 2 of the staff report dated June 28, 2023, and that Council authorize the Mayor and Municipal Clerk to execute the less than market value lease agreement.
9.1.3 Request for Reconsideration: Lakeshore Curling Club
10. ADDED ITEMS
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – October 16, 2023
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Elizabeth Macdonald, Legislative Assistant, at email@example.com or 902-497-7548.
To submit correspondence, email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council