Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Halifax Hall, 2nd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
Update: May 25, 2023 - this meeting was cancelled due to lack of quorum. The rescheduled date will be communicated once confirmed.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – April 17, 2023
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
7. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
7.1 Correspondence - None
7.2 Petitions - None
7.3 Presentations - None
8. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
9.1.1 Community Grants Program 2023 [PDF]
THAT the Grants Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council approve sixty (60) awards as detailed in Attachment 2 of this report for a combined total of $473,275 from Operating Account M311-8004 Community Grants.
9.1.2 Community Museums Grants Program 2023 [PDF]
THAT the Grants Committee recommend that Regional Council:
1. Adopt the amendments to Administrative Order 2018-010-ADM Respecting Grants to Community Museums as set out in Attachment 1 of this report;
2. Approve an increase in thirteen (13) Operating Grants as outlined in Attachment 2 at a combined cost of $134,000 from Operating Account M310-8004 as the first year of a maximum 3 year Operating Grant;
3. Approve two (2) Project Grants as detailed in the Discussion section of this report at a combined cost of $9,563 in fiscal year 2023/24 from Operating Account M310-8004; and
4. Approve three (3) Capital Grants as detailed in the Discussion section of this report at a combined cost of $68,00 in fiscal year 2023/24 from Operating Account M310-8004.
10. ADDED ITEMS
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – June 12, 2023
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Elizabeth Macdonald, Legislative Assistant, at email@example.com or 902-497-7548.
To submit correspondence, email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council