2024 Volunteer Award Nominations OPEN
Each year the Mayor and Regional Council recognize the extraordinary contributions of outstanding individuals and groups who volunteer their time and skills to provide services and programs in our communities. This annual event puts a spotlight on amazing people who give of their time in our municipality.
There are three categories in which to nominate deserving volunteers: Youth, Adult, or Group. You can download the form or nominate online. Please select the appropriate form and return to email@example.com by January 11, 2024.
This is a scored process. Please provide as much information on your nominee(s) as possible. If you require any clarification or to find out if nominees have received the award in the past, please contact Darren Hirtle at 902.476.1184.
Nominations that are unclear, inaccurate, late or do not comply with the criteria may not be accepted or could negatively impact your volunteer’s score.
Award Selection Process
- All nominations are scored.
- Awards are allotted in each of the municipality’s 16 electoral districts.
- All nominees and award recipients are presented to the Executive Standing Committee and to Regional Council for final approval.
- Successful nominees will be invited to attend a ceremony and reception in April with the Mayor and Regional Council to receive their award.
- The top 97 (adult and/or youth) volunteers will receive an award.
- The top 10 scoring volunteers will be put forward to receive a provincial award.
- The top scoring nominee will be the municipality’s Volunteer of the Year.
- Nominators will receive a letter in March informing them of the status of their nominee.
On behalf of the Halifax Regional Municipality, we would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to nominate a deserving volunteer from your community.
2023 Volunteer Award Recipients
Individuals from each of the municipality’s districts were recognized by their local Councillor. For a full list of award recipients, reference the 2023 Award Winners booklet.